In Coronado, we have our fair share of extraordinary dining options. You’ll never go hungry when you visit our island! But we like to do Coronado restaurant spotlights to highlight restaurants we especially enjoy–so you can get an insider’s opinion of the Coronado dining scene. This week, we’re spotlighting The Brigantine!
The Brigantine is a place where locals and visitors come together. Here you’ll find a lively atmosphere and authentic sense of community, where first-timers feel like regulars and regulars are part of the family! Brigantine is dedicated to flavorful food, friendly service. and the beach town lifestyle.
One of the main reasons we wanted to do a “Coronado Restaurant Spotlight” for Brigantine is their menu! Brigantine’s signature style is San Diego-inspired surf and turf. This Coronado restaurant highlights the local flavors. You can order regionally inspired specials, custom cocktails, and even hometown craft beers. From their award-winning fish tacos to their best-selling marinated grilled swordfish, you’ll love Brigantine’s menu.
Now that we mentioned them, we have to talk more about the Brig’s famous fish tacos! We definitely recommend trying this local favorite! The tacos are made with cabbage, salsa fresca, cheddar, ranch dressing, and served on corn tortillas. Absolutely delicious!
Other local favorites include:
- Soft Shell Crab BLT
- Crispy soft shell crab with pork belly, arugula, tomato, and curry aioli on brioche
- Wok-charred ahi
- Seared sushi-grade tuna, wok-tossed vegetables, jasmine rice, and wasabi-shoyu sauce
- Oysters Rockefeller
- Spinach, bacon, parmesan aioli, pernod
- Signature grilled marinated swordfish
- Served with avocado relish with red crab
- Steakhouse burger
- Grass fed California beef, smoked bacon, wild mushroom confit, caramelized onion, roasted garlic spread, bibb lettuce, and aged cheddar
- Macadamia crusted barramundi
- Coconut jasmine rice, grilled broccolini, and pineapple burre blanc
- Prime steak frites
- Prime baseball cut with house-made Kennebec fries and mushroom-truffle sauce
For the full menu, click here. There are many other delicious options, such as salads, shrimp, oysters, sandwiches, and more!
The Brigantine restaurant is located at 1333 Orange Avenue in Coronado.
Daily 11:00am – 2:30pm
Sunday: 4:30pm – 9:00pm
Mon – Thurs: 5:00pm – 9:00pm
Fri – Sat: 5:00pm – 9:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm – 6:30pm
Monday: 5:00pm – Close
Tues – Thurs: 5:00pm – 6:30pm
Sunday: 10:00am – 10:00pm
Mon – Thurs: 11:00am – 10:00pm
Fri – Sat: 11:00am – 10:30pm
Monday: 3:00pm – 10:00pm
Tues – Sun: 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Sunday 10:00am – 2:30pm
You can contact the restaurant at 619-435-4166 with any questions.